On the 11th of April, it was a Saturday, normally I do not go to school on Saturday, but that Saturday I was having a great school day--GCA cooking day with exchange students from Germany and France, also some GCA teachers. We learned how to cook the western food.
I was in the group with GCA's vice principal Mrs. Beath. She tried to teach us how to make the bread puddings. Other groups like Miguel's applesauce group, Melissa's muffin group, Max's pancake group and Raphaelle's cake group and so on. All of these cookings took place in the GCA building.
First there were some group members from other classes doing the shopping with me, we bought bread, butter, rassins,yogurt, milk and eggs. These were for the bread puddings. As we followed Mrs. Beath, it was quite easy because she prepared everything well and we just started with plans. I was in charge with the bread and the butter, I found it was kind of hard because I could not let the butter cover the whole bread but I finally did it. Then we poured the liquid that was made of milk, vanilla and yogurt onto the bread, then we had to wait for an extra hour. During an hour, we also made the jellow and drinks made of mango, banana, yogurt and milk.
When I was free, I went to see how my friends were doing, Melissa asked me to smash the bananas as last time, the same, so much fun! I watched Miguel finishing his applesauce with so much trouble on the way and it tasted surprisingly good! Raphaelle's cake was a big success compare to last time. Everything was fine!
I enjoyed this activity so much as me myself was participating in it and felt so much fun. I found it interesting because we have never had this kind of activity before and this idea of cooking the western food with the exchange students was so creative and outstanding! I also learnt a lot for making western food and probably next I will not be hungry when I'm alone at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment